Pre-GCSE Music Appreciation Course for Children (Ages 7-11)
Preparation for my GCSE Music Courses 11+
Every Tuesday @ 11.15 (Term Time)
Starting Tuesday 7th September 2021
1/2 hr lessons
This course is targeted towards the 7-11 age range and above all a ‘feel-good’ weekly offer for home educated children who would like to add a creative subject to their curriculum. It would suit children who have not yet started learning to play an instrument or for those who wish to expand on their current instrumental/vocal tuition.
During the course students will;
- Listen to, review and evaluate the music of the great famous composers (i.e. In the Hall of the Mountain King (Edvard Grieg), Carnival of the Animals (Camille Saint-Saëns) etc).
- Learn to recognise the various instruments of the orchestra.
- Develop subject specific vocabulary related to the musical elements (dynamics, rhythm, tempo, metre, structure, instrumentation, texture, harmony and tonality).
- Learn about the Music Basics (music notation).
- An introduction to composition and musical devices used to develop ideas.
I loosely follow the National Curriculum Attainment Targets for Key Stage 3 but will be working at a higher level and introducing some of the skills required for GCSE Music.